Every country deserves free will, the right of the people to live a life of their own, to practice their religion freely, to celebrate their days marvellously, this is what independence is. People aren’t forced to do things they aren’t willing to, nobody can impose laws on them.
Why is Independence Day important?
Independence Day marks the freedom, the establishment of an independent nation. It is annually celebrated, it is a national holiday to rejoice the splendid past and national pride of the country. It is a day when the people celebrate their liberation. It reminds the sacrifices of our ancestors and it unites the whole nation under one flag. If the nations unite, they can never be demolished no matter how powerfully they have been attacked. This is a symbol which combines our past with the present and provides us a guide to govern our future.
This day is associated with a long history and to celebrate it means that we are acknowledging and owning that very history. Then why not to celebrate this day fully with Independence Day quotes or Independence Day wishes, to reflect its worth truly.
What do you write on Independence Day?
The only way to do justice to this day is to celebrate it enthusiastically and you can do this by sending Independence Day message, cards or letters to your family, friends or colleagues. Although writing can be a hectic task but its actually a creative and patriotic act. Read through the samples which are given below to improve your card’s wording so you can remind your family or friends the reason we celebrate this event every year.
Greetings for text messages:
- Today is a very superior day for the country and its people.
- Happy Independence Day to my amazing friends.
- Here’s to our sacred and magnificent free nation!
- Freedom must be enjoyed to its fullest.
- I hope this Independence Day brings you and your family happiness and anticipation.
- Happy birthday to our country.
- It’s an honour for me to be a part of an affluent nation.
Longer messages for cards:
- Freedom doesn’t come without a cost. Always remember the slaughter and mercilessness that this incredible country has suffered before. Happy Independence Day!
- Patriotism isn’t an identification that you should carry on your shoulder. You should convey it in your heart and let your activities represent it. Happy Independence Day!
- May Almighty award every one of us the solidarity to make this nation independent, cheerful and prosperous. May this Independence Day be the start of a new future!
- May this Independence Day bring solidarity and success to your family. May the narratives of fortitude of our freedom fighters motivate you to accomplish large things throughout the life.
Independence Day quotes in English:
- “Freedom is never dear at any cost. It is the breath of life. What might a man not pay for living?” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “He that would make his very own freedom secure, must monitor even his enemy from resistance; for if he damages this obligation, he builds up a point of precedent that will arrive at himself.” – Thomas Paine.
- “They who can surrender fundamental freedom to acquire a little brief security deserve neither freedom nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin.
How do you wish someone a happy Independence Day?
Independence Day wishes can be sent through hand made cards, letters or even through emails or SMS. You can send your loved ones some motivational quotes, messages and remind them of the historical sacrifices by our ancestors.
We can celebrate by decorating the surroundings with the flags, playing national anthem across the country, arranging Independence Day festival containing stalls, selling badges and hats, playing national songs, organizing rallies and much more.
The main reason to celebrate this day is to know it’s worth and respect the history by conceding it. Knowing its importance will lead us to become a responsible citizen and it increases the will of love and respect between us as we share this day with happiness and wish each other a marvellous future.
“Allow freedom to rule. The sun never set on so sublime a human accomplishment.”